well, i have to admit
i am so excited about
tomorrow's royal wedding.
i have not missed a royal wedding
in 38 years!!!!
my first was princess anne to captain mark phillips
and of course the wedding of the century
diana to prince charles
and the last
prince andrew to sarah ferguson
I am going to make Orange-Cranberry scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add buttermilk and dried cranberries, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Pat into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges, and place 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.