Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

 
Downtown Griffin, Georgia
I've thought about blogging for some time now, but computer technology is something I have never quite mastered, so the thought has been intimidating to me. As we start a New Year though, I thought I would give it a try. I am compelled to say I am in awe of other blog sites, and the aesthetic quality so many have. Perhaps as I learn along and along, this will become easier for me.

I decided to name the blog Terrace Street because of connections to a time and place of my childhood that brings a million happy memories for me. Terrace Street was the street I lived on when I started First grade. It was from this house that my best friend Susan and I picked flowers on the way to school at Third Ward each morning. We were always late! It was also in the town of Griffin, Georgia where both sets of my grandparents lived, where my parents grew up, and where all my other cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends lived. Many happy days were spent in this town.  So with that in mind, I thought it appropriate to name my blog Terrace Street. This blog will be devoted to family, faith, God, children, friends, recipes, poetry, books, art, dance, sports, baking, photography, music, and probably much, much more as it evolves.

For today, I wish you all a Happy New Year.

1 comment: